So "what exactly is a refresh?"A “refresh” project is a new Capital Improvement Program process approved by County Council and the County Executive to allow library buildings to get significant and timely updates without having to close for the lengthy time it takes for a full renovation.
So what types of updates will I see at Aspen Hill Library?
- Painting and re-carpeting of the public areas
- Remodeling the public restrooms including floors, walls, and toilet stall partitions
- Replacing the carpet in the meeting room with vinyl tile
- Adding more individual study rooms (5 to be exact)
- A dedicated book drop that can be used 24 hours a day!
- Improved Wi-Fi
- New furniture
- Some new shelving
What nearby branches can I use while Aspen Hill is closed?
How long will Aspen Hill be closed?
Aspen Hill will be closed for approximately 6 months.
Where will the Aspen Hill staff work while the library is closed?
Staff will work at other branches temporarily until Aspen Hill re-opens.
What will be the last day that I will be able to choose Aspen Hill branch as a pick-up location for my holds?
Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016
Will I be able to return books in the book drop after Aspen Hill closes?
Yes, but only until Tuesday, November 22, 2016. The book drop will be closed after that and you will be able to return items to any other MCPL library branch.
Stay tuned to the Aspen Hill Library blog for further details......